Thursday, August 31, 2006

Land of Gandhi

I am disturbed over an incident and sharing with you all…

The other day, I was walking on the road and saw a policeman on bike coming on the wrong side of the road. He hit a young man walking ahead of me and didn’t even stop, even for a sec! I saw his face passing me by – no concern whatsoever that he has hit somebody!

That boy (who got hit) approached the traffic cop standing nearby, complaining him what has happened just now in front of him. And again, there was no concern. He remained quite (and was smiling in fact!). I couldn’t tolerate/accept this and joined the boy and complained to traffic cop as to why he at the first place, did not stop the police driving on the wrong side and then stop after hitting the boy.

A woman raising her voice, challenging his ego – Oh, he couldn’t tolerate and instead of getting after the police, he got after me ! (Who are you? How can you behave this way with me? Show me your identity, etc). People around came to my rescue saying why are you after her, go and note down the bike number and all.

The boy thanked me for joining him but I was sad. I mean, something wrong happened right in front of our eyes and we couldn’t do anything just because they were police and could trouble us later.

This is the land of Gandhi !

Is this the land of Gandhi ???

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi..i liked the way u showed your courage..sometime in life it happens that we find yourself helpless and when many really do, their shaken will tell them to surrender...but some wont and fight back..they are the strength..thats the way one should live...go strong..dont be a slave..

Saturday, 14 October, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Saturday, 14 October, 2006  
Blogger Leziblogger said...

For a long time now, I have been realising that 'Real, Genuine men' are becoming an endangered species!I say this specifically of men(I am one of them though!) because I think women are generally truer to themselves!

Saturday, 28 July, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home